Drupal 8 block caching when block is from a View

My simple list block in Drupal 8 was showing the same list of contents even though Permissions by Term should have limited it. Another block of the same data was working correctly and it showed the filtered list.

I researched Drupal 8 block caching solutions and they all required custom code.

This particular block came from a View. I checked the advanced settings for the block in the View editor and saw the Caching option.

It was Tag based.

I changed it to None and it began working correctly (meaning no longer cached and showing correct data according to Permissions by Term settings).